Saturday, May 29, 2010

The most memorable year of our lives...

~*~ Kapri Jolie Mejia ~*~

This year seriously tops them all - Kapri making her debut into this world & with her bringing an immeasurable amount of joy into our lives, has been such an incredible adventure...I wouldn't trade it for anything! The moment she was safe & snug in my arms, I knew that yes, things would definitely change for us as a previous family of only 2...everything we knew would change...is it worth it? 

Just take a look at this year in review, month by month...the answer is quite simple:
Newborn - in hospital
 
Newborn - at home
 
1st Month
 
2nd Month
3rd Month
 
4th Month
 
5th Month
 
6th Month
 
7th Month
8th Month
 
9th Month
 
10th Month
 11th Month
 12th Month

Happy 1st Birthday Muffin!!

Before I was a Mom

Before I was a mom, I made and ate hot meals, wore unstained clothes and had quiet conversations on the phone.

Before I was a mom, I never worried about how late I went to bed because I could sleep in as long as I wanted.

Before I was a mom, I washed my face and brushed my teeth everyday.

Before I was a mom, I enjoyed a leisurely cup of coffee while reading the morning newspaper on a Saturday morning.

Before I was a mom, I slept the whole night through.

Before I was a mom, my house was clean everyday and I didn't worry about whether or not my plants were poisonous.

Before I was a mom, I had never been puked on, pooped on, peed on, chewed on or pinched by little fingers.

Before I was a mom, I had complete control of my mind, thoughts and body.

Before I was a mom, I never held down a screaming child while doctors and nurses did tests or gave shots. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces because I couldn't stop the hurt.

Before I was a mom, I never looked into teary eyes and cried.

Before I was a mom, I never got gloriously happy over a toothless grin.

Before I was a mom, I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down. I never was up in the wee hours of the night just watching a baby while it slept. I never knew that something so small couldn't effect my life so tremendously.

Before I was a mom, I never knew I could love someone so unconditionally and completely.

Before I was a mom, I never knew how satisfying it is to feed a hungry child. I never knew how fulfilling it is to soothe a baby's cries.

Before I was a mom, I loved my mom, but didn't understand her.

Before I was a mom, I never knew the warmth, the joy, the heartache, the wonderment, or the fulfillment of being a mom.

Before I was a mom, I never knew I would love being a mom.

-
Sharon L. Twitchell

1 comment:

  1. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! The pictures AND the "before the mom" quote. "YOU THE MOM Calista!!"

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips