Saturday, February 11, 2012

DIY Snack Bags & a Wooden Circle Memory Game

For my friend's son's 2nd birthday this weekend...I decided to make something fun & unique: A Memory Game.

Truth be told...after his 1st bday gift (wooden alphabet block set)...I felt like I couldn't just 'buy' him any random thing. Making gifts just feels so much better. That's just IMO. And don't get me wrong, I've bought my fair share of gifts, and I love receiving store bought items...but sometimes, an occasion just calls for 'hand made'...with lotsa love of course!

So I started the 'memory game' by purchasing 12 wooden circles from Michael's ($.29/ea!), then found a boy-ish patterned piece of scrapbook paper I had in my stash...dug thru the internet for cute car/plane/train/etc. clip art...printed those & cut them out, then spray painted the circles white.

Finally - I enlisted the help of my dear friend, Mr. Mod Podge:
super easy - great gift to quickly create!
Once those were all done and they had a good coating of clear acrylic spray - I made a little tie pouch to store them in. What a great thing to keep in your diaper bag huh?! I found this cute coordinating-themed fabric, since little P is obsessed with trains & trucks at the moment:
An entertaining 'toy' that doesn't take up a ton of space!

Then with the same fabric I made him 2 velcro snack bags...one large & one small - LOVE how these turned out!
Of course I had to make K a new one too...this Apple/Pear fabric was on sale at Jo-Ann's...I just love it. Have extras which I'll probably make a nice new bib for her...maybe even a small bib for her dollies when she feeds them in their mini-high chair, haha!


4 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! I am a new follower from todays hop. I love your ideas....

    Follow back when you get a chance!

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. اذا قمت بالتعاقد مع احدي شركات معدات مطابخ عبر موقع دليل التجهيزات الشامل ستتمتع بخصم مميز ولفتره محدوده هذا بالاضافه الى التمتع بخدمات تركيب معدات سوبر ماركت بشكل احترافي بواسطة فنيين متميزين
    تابع موقعنا للتفاصيل
    http://www.hotel-restaurant-eg.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. احصل علي خصم 30% الان علي خدمات التنظيف مع العنود افضل شركة تنظيف بالبخار بمكة والتى تتخصص في اعمال التنظيف بمختلف الانواع ولدينا في شركة تنظيف بمكة فريق عماله ومهارات بشرية محترفه في اعمال التنظيف والجلي للشقق ومحتوياتها من سجاد ومفروشات وغيره
    تابع موقعنا عبر
    www.el3nod.com/3/company-cleaning-furniture-carpet-sofas-makkah

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips