Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Homemade Xmas Goodies

This year I ventured into more 'homemade' gifts more so than in previous years - I've been so inspired by all these ridiculously crafty geniuses in BlogLand.

For example, my awesome Christmas Card Wreath that I'm OBsessed with!!

Here are my top 5 homemade goodies that I just had to make as gifts for some wonderful people in my life...all by scratch (okay fine, so I didn't actually MAKE the pretzels/kisses, but you get the point), all made with lotsa love:
  1. Hot Cocoa Mix - found here from 'delia creates'
  2. Chocolate Chip Cookies - found here from 'Today's Nest'
  3. Holiday Pretzel Kisses - found here from 'Little Birdie Secrets'
  4. PomPom Necklace - found here from 'Little Miss Momma'
  5. Sugar Body Scrub - found here from 'Prudent Baby'
The week leading up to Christmas I was a slave to making this list happen before the big day...

Hot Cocoa Mix
I have to admit my hesitation when I started combining all the ingredients for this cocoa mix...that makes 45 servings BTW!! But let me just tell you that I'm never going back to those little pre-made hot chocolate packets again. I packaged up 4 jars of this mix as Christmas gifts - of course had to add a little cute holiday fabric to the lid:


Chocolate Chip Cookies
I've never made cookies from scratch. At least not in my adult life...can't remember much of my childhood. Anyway - I always buy the pre-made stuff - but I'd love to have a go-to basic C.C. cookie recipe on hand, that one day Kapri will be able to help with. I whipped up a few batches of these to go along with the cocoa mix & for everyone we saw on Christmas day. They were so yummy...though this recipe made SO freakin many, even though I made them a bit on the larger size. Look at this, it's like...the Mount St. Helens of cookies on my counter-top!! I still have some in my fridge...wanna help me eat them??


Holiday Pretzel Kisses
Chocolate, pretzels - my kinda combo. I practically ran to the store to buy the 3 simple ingredients for this sweet & salty treat. Easy peasy! I got a bag of the Candy Cane kisses and a bag of the Mint Truffle - both are numalicious:


PomPom Necklace
These lil fabric lovelies came from an AHHdorable mom blogger, she's:
a. Gorgeous,
b. Uber-creative, and  
c. has a cutie patootie little boy that's about a month younger than Kapri!

I saw these I could picture myself wearing one immediately. It took me about an hour for each - and I gave a few away as Christmas gifts to my sistas. I heart them so!!


Sugar Body Scrub
I've always wanted to make a homemade scrub - and this one is a quick & easy gift idea. I should've made one for myself first so I knew how it worked out, but I didn't...so hopefully someone will report back to me & let me know if they liked my gift!

I used granulated sugar (maybe I'll try raw sugar next time...which is good for extra exfoliating) and sunflower oil, which is a lighter oil with very little 'fragrance'. Then I went to Henry's for some essential oil...I couldn't think of a good combo of 2, so I thought I'd just go with the vanilla...buttttt that one was like, double the cost of all the others!
So, I went with grapefruit...which was yummy, light & fresh - I also gave a little scoop, adorned with a small jewel {to kinda hide the fact that the scoop was originally from old formula containers - I knew if I saved em they'd come in handy someday!} Anyway....YAYYYY for homemade!


8 comments:

  1. Oh my, these are ALL such lovely gifts! Lucky family and friends you have! Your necklaces turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I LOVE the name kapri!!! Have you hear the Colbie Caillat song called Capri?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw you on LMM!! Very cute necklaces!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bruce don't thank me...I got all these FAB ideas from the links above... but thanks for viewing & getting inspired before the holidays ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A seashell in the jar makes a great scoop too! Can be purchased at most craft stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh good to know!! that's a great idea for a scoop :-)

      Delete


  6. خدمات نقل الاثاث متعددة لدينا حيث يوجد لدينا خبرة في كيفية التعامل مع العملاء في تنفيذ اعمال فلدينا مدينة مكة افضل شركة نقل اثاث بمكة التي تتميز بالدقة في تنفيذ اعمال وتوصيل الاثاث من الباب لاننا نمتلك عمال متميزون في شركة نقل عفش بمكة فعليكم التواصل معنا من اجل الاستفادة من الخدمات التي نقدمها كل هذا ايضا تلاقه في مدينة الدمام من خلال التواصل مع شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام التي تمتلك فنين متميزين في اعمال الفك والتركيب كما لديها اسطول سيارات مجهز يساعدها علي الوصول الي منزلك الجديد فكل شئ يكون جاهز مع شركة نقل عفش بالدمام التي اثبتت انها نقل شركة لديها خبرة كبيرة في مجال نقل الاثاث
    كما يوجد لدينا خبرة في خدمات نقل الاثاث بجدة من خلال
    شركة نقل اثاث بجدة
    شركة نقل عفش بجدة

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips