Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Night Quinoa "Burgers"

Had my sis over tonight...she's been into 'clean eating' lately, and mentioned wanting to try Quinoa Burgers. After seeing THIS recipe on Eating Well Living Thin(er!) - I was drooling. It looked so good...but could it really taste good too? It was time to find out. So while James was at work, she came over, we worked out to Jillian Michaels, then made this yummy dinner.

Kapri started getting sick yet again - she literally was JUST sick 2 weeks ago...oye. Damn germs. So she just chilled on the couch watching The Cat in the Hat movie on my laptop during our quick 30 min. workout.

We followed the recipe exactly, except with whole wheat flour - but we found that the flavor was pretty bland (hence the extra sprinkle of Mrs. Dash on my avo in the pic below). Also, using a large flat griddle brushed with olive oil made it faster to cook a few at a time, 10 total.


Next time I'll definitely add more spice to the mixture and blend up the cottage cheese a bit more so there aren't as many large chunks. I'd also like them to be a bit more crisp on the outsides...OR, I just read in the comments of the recipe post, that they can also be baked on a greased baking sheet at 350 for 25 min or so...note to self for the future ;-) 
I used 2 patties, as they were made a bit too small
So that's that - I used organic hamburger buns from Spouts - only 95 calories in each...some mustard, lettuce, cilantro & avo - so dang tasty & super filling!! Paired with some sweet potato fries, we had ourselves a healthy little dinner!

I should also mention that we *attempted* to make Cauliflower Mash - however that did NOT turn out so well.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips