Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mooooo....meowww....baaahhh

Yes, those are animal sounds. A cow's, cat's, and sheep's sounds to be exact. See, we have this annoying adorable little "sound puzzle" that grammy Mary picked up for Kapri not long ago. At first I thought it was so cool, and Kapri loves this thing...and it was precious to watch her match each piece up & imitate each noise.

Recently, this thing has decided to have a mind of it's own. Now I've only recently come to realize that
'hum, it's probably the batteries dying out' - but a few weeks ago, I was sure the damn thing was haunted!! No joke. It would randomly just make a sound or 2, by itself, no one near it or playing with it. Along with those random occasions, it also likes to 'go off' whenever we turn off the main living room light, from the switch across the room. It's gotta be somehow related to the electrical waves or something since it sits right near it.




James & I just laugh every time it goes off...we call it a night, turn off the TV, all the lights, and now place a nightly wager whenever we're home together, on which animal noise it'll make this time. Usually it's the cat's "meow"...but you never now - a "mooo" or a "baaahh" might sneak up on ya! Not so fun to hear when you're totally relaxed & dozing off on the couch.

3 comments:

  1. ahh! Scary! I was going to pick up this toy, I saw it at Barnes and noble, but now I am second guessing the haunted toy! Hahaha.
    xo
    KATY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha this damn toy. I will never forget the morning I woke up at your house from babysitting... stumble over to the light switch to turn on the light, and as soon as it turns on the toy makes a loud rooster sound "Cock-A-Doodle DOOOO!!!!" hahaha scared me so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same brand but it's the jungle animals version. It's the same thing for me. I think it might have light sensors under the puzzle pieces, but just to let you know... the batteries NEVER die. I think I've had mine for 6 or 7 years and it's still making crazy sounds.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips