Friday, October 7, 2011

For the love of CAKE BALLS!

Man I love these little guys - they're cheap to make, people FREAK over them, and they are DAMN delicious. Though they are a bit harder to 'dip' than the pop version - but still just as yum! Actually - after I made them, I found a phenomenal little $3 tool made specifically for DIPPING things...I now own this tool & will have to test it out very very soon!

Anyway...I whipped up a batch for Nic's work baby shower - same mamma-to-be that I made the Classic Pooh themed diaper cake for! She's due in about a week or so...eeeeee, I'm so anxious!


A bunch of our co-workers pitched in for a big gift card and brought in a ton of yummy treats to celebrate before she went out on maternity leave. I was going to make these insanely delish cheesecake-stuffed strawberries I found via Pinterest (duh), but decided it'd be too time consuming the day of - since these aren't something you can make the night before...unless you LIKE soggy strawberries...ew.


So - cake balls to the rescue! I stuck with my fav flavor, red velvet cake and cream cheese frosting - though this time I only used about 3/4 of the container, instead of the whole thing! THEN, I freakin ran out of white chocolate to dip them in (had a whole bad & a half from Michaels!!) So the last few just got their upper half dipped...this actually looked like a cute idea for little Santa hat cake balls for Christmas! hummm


I also happened to find some super cute elephant 'baby shower' cards - which looked great with our little table of goodies: Mini Bundtinis from Nothing Bundt Cakes (best ever!!), white chocolate raspberry cookie bars, fruit salad, chocolate chip cookies...and of course, my yum cake balls!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips