Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Crafting - homemade gifts


Doily Ornaments
{inspired by this}
"M" for us - everyone else got pics on both sides

Picture Block Ornaments 
{inspired by this}
Cut up wood into 2" blocks, sand, paint 2 coats, cut out 4 pics, mod podge pics to block (2 to 3 coats), install
'screw eyes' at top of block along with a little ribbon to hand - voila! I also added "2011" under the block in white puffy paint and made little dot designs on the tops. 


LOVE how these turned out...just how I envisioned

Homemade Mason Jar Granola
{recipe here}
Quart size mason jars, fabric & twine. Tags were made from pieces of a paper bag & $1 bin Christmas tag stickers

Cookies GALORE
{Pudding cookie recipe here and M&M recipe here - did not make chocolate bark pictured below}
I had these out for Christmas day, and gave them away in little gift bags for family to take home

15 comments:

  1. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future. Thanks for it.
    handmade gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how your ornaments turned out with the pictures in the middle!! That's such a good idea!

    Thanks so much for linking back to my blog...and the sweet comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I appreciate the information that you have provided in the post. It is worth noting and I really liked the presentation as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always giving so many new ideas and I hope it will continue in the future. That's perfect, your words are really easy to perceive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that cooies looks great!! love it, I'd eat it allm be sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas here, I love the photo cubes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For the picture blocks, did you use pics printed on photo paper or regular paper? This looks like a cool project...I want to try it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I believe I used a glossy type of thicker paper, like cardstock.

      Delete
  8. How do you print two inch pictures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used a photo editor to make sure they were all cropped to be squares that were just under 2" :-)

      Delete
  9. Your picture blocks is indeed admirable and impressive. Honestly, that idea doesn't come up into my mind. I'm actually thinking for a new Christmas decors and made my own craft but this one is irresistible. Great job Mejia :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pleasure to be able to still find truly credible information in the net http://star-writers.com/ is another credible service making it to where you are able to get what is required at the college you study.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot for the shared article. It is important to find a place to read something on the essay on violence: do not be so cruel. Especially if to take into consideration, the fact of how much cruelty and violence is out there. It makes it to where people cannot go outside locking themselves inside, living in constant fear thinking of danger.
    The Essay On Violence: Do Not Be So Cruel!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips