Sunday, February 3, 2013

Craft Weekend - Part 2 {Mini Chalkboard Stands}

So, I don't think I've mentioned on here that I've signed up for the FIRST time, to have a booth & sell my Custom from Calista products at a local street fair in April - I'm SO excited and SO nervous at the same time. It's the last weekend in April, but I'll only have my booth set up on Sat. the 27th - if you're in San Diego...come see me! It's in Encinitas, on Hwy 101.

This past weekend was spent creating a few display items for my booth.

First up - Mini Chalkboard Price Display Stands:
 photo MiniChalkboardDisplayStandsviaMejiaMamma_zps70baeb04.jpg

A few months ago I scored a few packs of little wooden 'plaques'...that I knew I somehow wanted to use on  my table. And I knew I wanted to cover them in chalkboard paint.

Then I saw THIS pin {via Little Bit Funky}...and knew my mini plaques would be perfect for this craft! 

So I headed to my home-away-from-home (Michael's) and picked up a pack of wooden wheels and a pack of pre-cut wooden dowels that fit the inside of the wheels perfectly. Kapri was so excited to help me glue each dowel into the holes (some are a bit crooked, but they still work!)
 photo IMG_2119_zps895512c2.jpg

Then I painted them all white, glued on a little jewel on top, then began to glue on the mini plaques. But - they fell over....UGH...fail. I wanted them to be tall :-(

Solution?

Cut about 4" off the top:
 photo IMG_2178_zpsa029e93f.jpg


Perfect!!

 photo IMG_2179_zpsd818b8ab.jpg


I LOVE THEM! Hope they hold up well during the street fair...fingers crossed!

 photo MiniChalkboardDisplayStandscloseupviaMejiaMamma_zps3c1615d4.jpg


They'll be the perfect way to advertise the cost of all my items I'll have on sale! And after, they could be great for dinner parties or birthday parties...so fab!


Linked up to:





1 comment:

  1. These look Great! We are thinking of using your great idea for an upcoming craft fair some lady friends and I will be at. Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips