Saturday, February 2, 2013

Craft Weekend - Part 1 {Hot Glue Gun Holder}

Gobs of hot glue go wasted many evenings in my craft space (aka: the kitchen counter)... I'm always scraping them off after each craft I complete. And those annoying little invisible strings of glue that feel like spider webs - oye! Hot glue is a huge part of a crafter's existence, yet it's unbelievably messy at times. For me at least.

So imagine my surprise when I stumbled on THIS little wooden gem on Pinterest {via Shanty 2 Chic}...I thought to myself: "holy smokes, I can MAKE that!" - and I did.

And I'm pretty damn proud.

 photo HotGlueGunHolder-MejiaMamma_zps4da9c72e.jpg

And the annoying little gobs of hot glue are now contained in one place, on one little plastic square - making my clean up a cinch!
 photo IMG_2200_zps48872bb4.jpg


Supplies I Used (see above blog link for the full tut):

 photo IMG_2129_zps95063fd4.jpg
before paint
  • 3.5" x 9.5" piece of wood - I found mine at Michaels, 2 thin pieces came in a pack for about $3 (I used wood glue to put them together)
  • Wooden dowel - again from Michael's, less than a dollar...cut 2 pieces, each to about 5" high
  • Small block of wood, cut to size (had at home, but originally from Home Depot)
  • Clear plastic square - again from Michael's for about a $2 (I added a piece of scrapbook paper to the bottom)
  • Paint (I made that teal color from blue, green, & white acrylic paints that I had on-hand), hot glue, thin ribbon, & a drill (to make holes for dowels)

3 comments:

  1. Do you have any idea how many burned fingers you have saved? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this! I have put it on my favorites to share with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips