Monday, March 12, 2012

My PICK - PicMonkey.com


A new photo editing site is up & running... PicMonkey - is sure to be the best replacement on the web for Picnic, which is shutting down in just about a month from now :-(  Bloggers rejoice!!

PicMonkey was created from "a few former Picnik engineers"...who proudly state: "If you loved Picnik, PicMonkey is back in town and better than ever. It's faster, more powerful, and easier to use."  --- got that right!
upload a pic or DRAG it onto the upper-left box to begin editing - such a fast process!!

  • The layout is super simple
  • It's extremely user-friendly
  • No email registration required
  • Lots of wonderful editing tools (including fun facial 'touch-ups' us women LOVE)
  • It appears to be extremely faster than Picnik...yippee!
  • They have tons of cropping options, even a special one for "Facebook Timeline" cover pic...nice!


I'm going to have to be really patient & wait for them to roll at the 'collage' capability, but I'm sure it'll be worth it. I'm a huge fan of 'collage-ing".

Okay, now for the proof. I kinda went 'before & after' crazy (click on each for a bigger view)...but I really am a huge fan already, especially given that I JUST started using this fabulous/free/online tool today after seeing TT&J's FB status about it. I have to say I'm in love! Sad to see Picnik go...but so happy that PicMonkey has debuted!

crop and brighten

border functionality
brighten with focal zoom

best ever - their 'clone' tool is easier, at least for me... check out the cleanup I did to this one... no messy counter-top, no orange stains from the pollen on the white petals...it's amazing!!

they have 'text' options, but not nearly as many as Picnik does/did - maybe they'll add more soon

enhance vivid colors

Check it out for yourself!!



3 comments:

  1. YAY I was looking for something that I could use to edit pics with thanks for sharing. I am your newest follower you can follow me back here:http://acountrygirlcan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I have been looking for an new editing tool for photos. I just love what it can do. I need to find the clone tool, didn't see that one when I did a practice run. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gail - the clone option is found within the "touch up" area (the little lipstick icon)...alllll the way down at the bottom of the touch up list ;-) It says "Clone" and the picture of it has 4 red nail polish bottles.

      Good luck!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips