- 1 can of chicken breast (or your own style of chicken)
- 1-2 stalks of diced celery (depends on taste/love of celery!)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup of mayo (I use *light*)
- Handful of slivered almonds (or whichever type of nut you prefer)
- Handful of diced red grapes (I dice into quarters)
- Handful of dried cranberries (chopped)
- 1/4 - 1/2 apple (chopped)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bread of your choice
|I really just eyeball the amounts - so it all depends on your taste and chicken to fruit/nut/celery ratio ;-)|
First I open the can of chicken, pour it in a bowl and mash it up with my hands..Then I add the mayo (more/less depending on how much of the other ingredients you add), as well as some salt & pepper to taste. After I chop up all my other yummies, I just fold the plastic cutting mat & dump it all into the same bowl. Mix til it's all incorporated. Do a little taste-test and add more pepper if you want - I usually do!
Then I like to chill the bowl in the fridge for 30 min or so to let all the flavors merge together. After that, spoon the mixture onto your desired bread and enjoy. It's SUCH an easy lunch to put together. I'd say my version yields enough for 3-4 servings, depending on how much you put into each sandwich. It's literally the perfect quick summer sandwich...mmmm - tomorrow I'm having it on a croissant at work...cannot wait!