Monday, March 30, 2009

My thoughts on pregnancy and being sick

It’s Monday, I’m at work and I’m sick…excuse me for a moment…but I need to vent.

I’m painfully sick today…the worst head cold ever…really wishing someone would just put me out of my misery right this second. Normally, in my pre-pregnancy days, I would LOAD up on NyQuil, DayQuil, Theraflu teas, numbing throat spray, Vitamin C, etc….however now, things are a little different now that I’m cookin a little baby inside me. Poor thing…I wonder if my sickness affects her in any negative way.

Tylenol & Robitussin DM are all I’m allowed to take – perfect. I took Robitussin Night Time last night, otherwise I truthfully would’ve died from either leaking profusely from my itchy/scratchy eyes…or from my nose falling off due to the severe dryness I’m experiencing…or from just not being able to breathe at all I (come to think of it…breathing…it’s quite the necessity…one we all take for granted…being able to breathe without pain or discomfort is WAY HIGH on my wish list right now.) So today, I called my doc and found that I’m only allowed to take Robitussin DM (I bought the Night time & CF kinds)…back to the store I go – in hopes that it’ll provide some immediate relief for the next few days.

Unfortunately, timing is a bit off for this cold to rear its ugly head! Not only is it Quarter End here at work (busy busy…so I can’t really call in sick)…but I’m also in Steve & Amanda’s wedding this FRIDAY! So, I plan on sleeping as much as I possibly can & praying that this goes away by then. Now I just have to hope that James doesn’t catch this anytime soon!!


On a side note…this weekend we finally ordered the crib & changing table (big thanks to the grandma’s!!) and we also went out to B.R.U. and bought the stroller/carseat combo. I LOVE IT!! We had some drama with the assembly & putting it all together, but think we got the hang of it now, haha.
The nursery is coming together, once we get the crib/c.t. in place, that’ll be a guide to the rest of the room’s layout. My goal is to have the room completed by the end of April…just need to put all my ideas & thoughts into action!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well...and can't lie in bed all day! Isn't being sick while preggers so horrible!? Just keep getting as much rest as possible, my dear. (Sneak away for a nap if you can!) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips