Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas in the Kitchen

Wow - it recently occurred to me just how much of my time is spent in the kitchen....especially during the holidays...it's fun & tiring all at the same time. I need an assistant...one that doesn't eat the batter out of the bowl, lick her finger...then dip it BACK in the batter, hahaha...silly kiddo! But I guess that's the joy of being a kid, right?

Anyway, this year we made a few delicious treats...one night I had a few girls over for a little pizza, wine & of course...baking!! It got a bit messy, but so fun...got them all little reindeer antler headbands, haha!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows (no recipe...just dip marshie into melted chocolate, then in sprinkles or crushed graham craker...mmmmm...and let dry on wax paper)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Red Velvet White Chocolate Cookies (recipe here - from WhipperBerry Dish)

Photobucket

Sugar Cookies (used the box mix from Trader Joes - comes with cookie mix, frosting mix & sprinkles! these were fabulous!!)

Photobucket


Double Chocolate Peppermint Pudding Cookies (recipe here - from my fav food blogger: Chef in Training)

Photobucket

Photobucket
I doubled this recipe and ended up with around 85 little cookies...perfect for gift giving!


Cinnamon Swirl Bread {not pictured} (recipe here - from Mangio da Sola). I made two loaves of these to give to my family...they say it was good, wish I'd made one for my house! haha


My favs were the chocolate peppermint... I'd never used Andes peppermint baking chips before, so yum! Dipped in cold milk...serious drool.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips