Tuesday, December 15, 2009

2 Week Wrap-up

Wow…so much has been happening lately…December is always a crazy month though. Between work & learning a new position, quality family time, holiday events, and holiday shopping…it’s easy to lose a lot of sleep & drink A LOT of coffee (speaking of…I’m on my 3rd cup this morning!).

Anyway…on 12/5/09 we celebrated the recent engagement of our friends Michele & Colin. Niki put it together at the North County Wine Co. in San Marcos (I’m seriously turning into a massive wine bottle these days!). We all brought food to snack on, like dips, cheese, crackers, fruit, and desserts. It was such a great time and I just cannot WAIT for their big day! Michele is going to be a gorgeous bride and I know Colin will be so proud to be waiting at the end of that aisle for her.



On 12/6/09 – I attended a Christmas Tea with Jen, Mary, and her good friend Debbie. It’s an annual dinner that is held at their church each December. People purchase a table for 8, and decorate it with the theme of their choice. It was really amazing to see what these women came up with…soooo inventive! Our table was done by Debbie & Mary in a beautiful Christmas theme with reds & golds. I was so touched to be invited & had a wonderful time with them. It definitely sparked my creative side and I’m thinking it’d be so fun to decorate our own table next year!






Then on 12/10/09 – I joined a few other WS gals for an "Ugly Christmas Sweater" party/dinner hosted by one of my co-workers Kari. Her house was AHHHdorable and was dec’d out in all sorts of Xmas décor. It was another vino-fueled night, with great WS friends, great dinner, lots of laughs (a tear or 2) and even some good ol fashioned Xmas Caroling around her neighborhood…I’ll have to admit, that was a first…and probably wouldn’t have done it without that “liquid courage” hahahaha! Thanks KK for such a memorable evening!!!



 

On 12/12/09 – my sister Chelsea, Kapri & I drove to visit “Christmas Card Lane”. This area consists of 3 streets of holiday delight…they light up & decorate their yards & houses to everyone’s amazement. It’s off the 56 in Rancho Penasquitos and it’s incredible… I’m not even kidding…read about it HERE. Beforehand, we stopped for some hot chocolate at Starbucks and braved the rain & wind. Luckily right as we found the right area, it stopped raining!!! So we parked at the beginning of the street and walked around “ohhhing & awwwing” at all the different themes that people so strategically assembled. The whole time we just kept thinking that Xmas decorating on these streets must be some kind of requirement in the Rules/Regs with the HOA when people first move there, hahahahahaha!

We’ll probably go again one more time before Christmas so James can enjoy it too. After seeing this, I decided on our 1st new family tradition that we’ll do every year…to take a stroll down Christmas Card Lane to see all the fun lights. Although next year, we HAVE to get in line to ride this awesome homemade “sleigh”, complete with reindeer & driven by Santa of course!!! I think Kapri will grow to look forward to this little trip each Christmas.






On 12/13/09 – James, Kapri & I all drove down to Point Loma to have a Christmas Potluck at Nic & Ky’s house. They made pulled pork & we were all in pork heaven!! Along with all the other delicious sides/deserts people brought, we watched a great Charger game and enjoyed each other’s company. Thanks Redings for opening your home to us and feeding us well!



On 12/14/09 – we finally got our CUTE Christmas cards mailed out to our friends & family. I ordered them from Costco – such a great deal!!!


Finally, this afternoon (12/15/09), the Potluck Committee here at work (aka: Amanda, Shaunna & Kate) hosted the annual Christmas Potluck. Thought I’m no longer in the Sales department, I still was fortunate enough to receive an invite! There was such a great turn out this year and the food was incredible. I cannot even begin to count how many dishes were brought…but I did have TWO full plates of yummy goodness! Food Coma was in full effect the rest of the afternoon, that’s for sure! Thanks P.C. Gals!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips