Friday, April 30, 2010

Recalls...psh, that'll never happen to me!

But ohhhh how wrong was I... Yesterday the CPSC announced a major recall to Graco brand cribs. EFFFF!!!! A co-worker of mine IM'd me yesterday while working from home in the late afternoon... coincidentally just after we had a discussion about 2 days ago, about recalls.

So he sent me a link to the report...as I read I started to panic...of course I read "babies could suffocate or strangle" & have myself a mild heart attack. I fly upstairs to find my crib receipt. No luck. So I get open my email...(thank god for my billion folders in my Yahoo! Mail)...open "Baby Kapri" folder and voila..."Thank You for your recent order"...BAM - there it is..."Graco - Sarah 4-in-1 Convertible Crib"...open CPSC website...cross-check...EFFFF my life, "Sarah" model is there...omgomgomgomg. I put my KID in this thing every day & night...holy crap!!


So it tells me that "Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled cribs and contact LaJobi to receive a free hardware retrofit kit that will immobilize the drop side." Great. Now I read that I need to find the "PO#" printed somewhere on the damn crib. I then spend a good 15-20 min inspecting every inch of this thing and find absolutely nothing. So I get back online...find email for "LaJobi" who manufactures these, and ask them where the heck I can find this PO# and what do I need to do to get the free hardware. In my opinion...I'm not so sure I even want the stinkin hardware...I may just ask for a new crib!!

***UPDATE*** I just got an email back from LaJobi, and here's a link to 'register' your crib by the model number, which you must do in order to receive your hardware kit. Damnit, I still need to figure out which model # ours is!!

In the meantime...don't worry about me...I'll just be stressing out every single time we put her in bed. UGH

3 comments:

  1. OMG THAT'S AWFUL AND NOT OK!!!! YOU CALL THEM RIGHT NOW AND DEMAND A NEW ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right?!!! Think I'm gonna call today...hopefully I get through to someone...I'm sure they are bombarded with phone calls & emails about this! ugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. ughhhhhhhhhhhh We have the Lauren model. I'm glad I saw this, but I'm really annoyed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips