Saturday, October 16, 2010

My favorite moment

This morning I woke to the wonderful pitter patter of K's little feet running into our room. It took me a moment to realize I wasn't dreaming, and slowly awoke to a gentle tug on my leg from above the warm comforter (ugh, that reminds me how much I need new bedding). Anyway, I rolled over to find Kapri in her jammies, sucking away at the paci securely in her mouth, and a head full of untamed, crazy curls - true 'bed head' this kid has.

This is BY FAR the best way to wake up. Ever. No alarm, no weed-wacking or lawn mowing from the gardeners outside, no barking dogs. Just her...that little piece of me...that little piece of James - wrapped beautifully into one amazing little girl.

James had gotten her out of bed as he was getting ready for work...yet found a few minutes to crawl back in bed with us for some snuggle time. My fav. Seriously, I said it out loud..."this is my favvvvvvorite moment" - just laying there in bed, no TV distraction, no toys. Just us. Family. Love.
This is how it makes me feel :-)
It's rare we get moments like those since we both work full time, and usually opposite schedules so that we don't have to do the daycare thing. I hate it, but it's necessary. "One day" I keep telling myself, and James. One day we'll both be able to work the same schedule, be able to cook dinner & all eat together, go for a run & take Kapri to the park after a hard day at work, have weekends off with each other and make yummy breakfast in our pj's. Not yet. But one day.

Anyway, this week has been pretty much the same as past weeks...though the weather has been cool & crisp. Perfect for a good jog after work. I think Kapri knows the routine now...I get home, we hug, play...then inevitably she will point to the jogger. "You wanna go for a run?" She doesn't say yes...she just makes this giddy sound that I know means yes...though I can't really describe in words. You just have to hear it, haha...maybe I'll try to record it.


So we run. Or I do rather. She hangs out, munchin on some snacks (ps, the dried mango & strawberry things from Trader's are so great! Found this pic online...surprisingly I haven't tried the banana kind yet!!).
Then at the same area she always points to this big grassy greenbelt & mumbles something that I know means "mom, get me the heck outta this chair on wheels & let me run around now!!!". So we stop & I watch her explore nature for a bit. This is another one of my favorite moments...watching her grow and learn about the world.
*sniff sniff* - her sniffing face when she finds a flower
She found a big stick...which she calls 'tick'
A piece of bark from a tree
a big crunchy dried leaf

1 comment:

  1. So glad you stopped by my blog and tried the banana biscotti recipe. I'm glad it turned out well for you! I love the photos on your blog. Your daughter is a doll :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips