Friday, July 29, 2011

Disney mania

With the upcoming birthdays of both my niece (4) and nephew (2), and receiving their invitation to Disneyland next month...I've been thinking a lot about Disney movies, naturally. We haven't taken Kapri yet, and weren't planning to until just before her 3rd bday (of course before, since she'll be free up until her actual bday, haha!). But now we may reconsider....she'd have a blast with her little cousins!!

Sadly though, Kapri has never had the opportunity to watch any of the TEN famous Disney 'Princess' movies...I loooooved these movies with all my heart growing up (with the exception of 8, 9 & 10 which I have yet to see). She knows Belle, Ariel, Sleeping Beauty & Cinderella...only because Grandpa got her a cute toy set of them, which she loves...so now I'm on a mission to get my hands on em for K to enjoy as well:
  1. Snow White
  2. Cinderella
  3. Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
  4. Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
  5. Belle (Beauty and the Beast)
  6. Jasmine (Aladdin)
  7. Pocahontas
  8. Ming-Na (Mulan)
  9. Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
  10. Rapunzel (Tangled -- yet to be inducted into the highly exclusive princess line-up! haha)
I swear I used to be able to recite entire movies and their accompanying songs...ie: I wanted to BE Ariel with that insanely unattainable, flowing red hair & gorgeous voice - in 3rd grade I vividly remember (me, having the worst memory ever!) acting out the entire "Part of Your World" scene with my friend in her huge pool/backyard area...like we were the real deal...mermaids in training, HA!! But, then you become a teen, in high school...and boys become your main focus instead of silly cartoons.  ;-)

Out of the 1st 50 Disney movies on THIS list...I've seen maybe 60% of them - so maybe I'm not a crazy Disney fanatic, but I would love for K to have the chance to see a good amount of these as well...the classics especially.

WHY can't there be a Disney Princess Combo Pack or something, maybe like, 2 or 3 of them in each?? I do not need a "2-disc" set of the same damn movie...no special features and bonus thingys...I just want the movie - plain & simple. My mom has a TON of old Disney movies on VHS...but if I convert them I worry the quality would be crap. So...what do I do? Buy 1 movie every few months to work up my collection?? But mannnnn are they expensive!! They can range anywhere from $15 - $30!! That's sad  :'-(  Maybe I'll just invest $10 in a cheapy VHS player instead & ransack my mom's movie cupboard, LOL!!! What do you think mamma?!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips