Saturday, April 28, 2012

EASY Pillowcase Dress

OMG, I wish I could make one of these pillowcase dresses for me to wear...they look SO cozy!! Within about 2 hours from start to finish, I made 2 matching dresses for twin girls that are turning one this weekend - and I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome:

I referenced THIS tutorial to help guide me along. After the first one was made, I didn't even need to reference the tutorial again because it was that easy!

For different lengths I researched different sites (like this one) online and came up with this approximate age/range chart:
  • 0-3 mo = 15-17" long
  • 9-12 mo = 18-20" long
  • 18mo - 2T = 21-23" long
  • 3T - 7yr old = entire length of standard size pillowcase (about 32")
Easy DIY Pillowcase Dress with coordinating grey/pink/teal fabric flower clip

What you need to get started:
  • 1 pillowcase (or 2 in my case since I made these for twins!)
  • matching thread
  • coordinating ribbon
  • coordinating color bias tape
  • sewing machine
  • scissors
  • ruler or tape measure
  • iron
  • straight pins
  • safety pin
Again, use this tutorial if you're interested in making one of these adorable, easy, perfect-for-summer pillowcase dresses!

I'll update later with pics of the terrific twins in their new dressys!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips