I have a tupperware container full of these in the fridge usually at all times - perfect for those evenings when I'm craving something sweet, but don't want to feel guilty!
No-Bake Energy Bites - with a *twist*
**same general directions as original post**
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup Special K (oats & honey - well ground up)
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 3 tbsp crunched up slivered almonds (or finely chopped whole ones)
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp oat bran
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips (or none at all!)
- 1/4 cup Almond butter
- 1/4 cup Smart Balance peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp hazelnut spread
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
FYI: Chopping up the dried fruit results in a MUCH better consistency... I hated getting a huge piece of cranberry in one bite - I like everything pretty much minced in my "Ultimate Chopper" so I get a little of each taste in every single bite.
Enjoy....and feel a little more proud, getting in some better-for-you ingredients! I think each ball is around 100-115 calories and packed with goodness all around.