Thursday, October 18, 2012

Energy Bites - Round 2

I've been altering my initial energy bite recipe lately. Especially after last time, with a batch that for once didn't turn out quite right, I decided to write it ALL down as I went along. Of course this doubled the prep time, but that's okay...now I'll have this to look back on each time til it's engraved in my brain! 

I have a tupperware container full of these in the fridge usually at all times - perfect for those evenings when I'm craving something sweet, but don't want to feel guilty!

No-Bake Energy Bites - with a *twist*
**same general directions as original post**

Dry Bowl:
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1 cup Special K (oats & honey - well ground up)
  • 1 tbsp Chia seeds
  • 3 tbsp crunched up slivered almonds (or finely chopped whole ones)
  • 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
  • 1 tbsp oat bran
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup dried blueberries
  • 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips (or none at all!)
Wet Bowl:
    • 1/4 cup Almond butter
    • 1/4 cup Smart Balance peanut butter
    • 1/4 cup honey
    • 1 tbsp hazelnut spread
    • 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
    • 1 tsp vanilla


    FYI: Chopping up the dried fruit results in a MUCH better consistency... I hated getting a huge piece of cranberry in one bite - I like everything pretty much minced in my "Ultimate Chopper" so I get a little of each taste in every single bite.



    Enjoy....and feel a little more proud, getting in some better-for-you ingredients! I think each ball is around 100-115 calories and packed with goodness all around.



    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    Blogging tips