Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sweet Strawberries

I have lived in San Diego all my life, and never once have I gone to the strawberry fields and picked my own - until now! And this particular field was huge & has been in operation for over 50 years!!

James had to work on Saturday, so I thought we'd spend our mother/daughter day with my youngest sister KayLee (or Aunt LeeLee as Kapri calls her). We headed out early to beat the weekend crowds. The small bucket was $10 - so a little pricey, but I guess you pay for the experience. Kapri loved picking the strawberries and putting most in her mouth rather than the bucket...they were so sweet & delish!

 photo StrawberryCollage_zpse501d76d.jpg

And they had the pretttttiest flowers for sale...I wanted them all!
 photo Strawberries6_zpscb5dc9aa.jpg

Then we stopped at Costco to pick up my diaper cake poster to display at the upcoming street fair, had hot dogs for lunch, and tried every single sample they had to offer!! It was hilarious... we should've just had samples for lunch!! After that, we did a little strolling & shopping at the Forum, and ended the day with ice cream - perfect day!
 photo StrawberryCollage2_zps9f66e88a.jpg




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips