Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Week 12 bump...we made it to 3 months!!!

James & I are very happy to say that we've made it to the 3 month mark...I've started to tell people at work and it feels wonderful!! Keeping this BIG of a secret for over a month now has been extremely hard. I don't know how people wait til 4 months!! Anyway, things are going great...know that I don't have to wear loose shirts to work!! 

Last Wednesday we were able to hear the little one's heartbeat and THAT was incredible. I couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear. James' mother, Mary, went with us to the appointment...so it was a nice experience to have them both there with me. James' first comments were "wow...it sounds like a cave in there!", hahaha...that was true, but I've read some people say that the actual heartbeat sounds like galloping horses, but I honestly didn't think it sounded like anything but a teeny tiny little baby...still busy growing inside me. James then asked the doc where we could purchase one of the machines for our own home listening pleasure! I haven't looked into it, but I'm sure they're a pretty penny!!! 

Everyone keeps saying "oh, it's a boy, I know it...", "your gonna carry on the Mejia name"...yet the doctor had a different opinion after hearing the heartbeat. She said that girls typically have faster heartbeats!! So, now we've heard mixed thoughts on the sex and I don't know what to think! We'll just have to wait it out another 6 or 7 weeks or so til we'll know for sure.

Week 12 Baby Bump
Our little one is now just over TWO inches long --- and about the size of a lime

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips