So the doc finally came in and said her measurments were 27 & 32...ummm...WTF??!! That's exactly what it was at 2 months ago!!! :'-( Sad...so anyway...she said that at her age, their bones start to harden, which means the progress won't be as significant as it was in the very beginning when she was 5 months old & first started wearing the harness. Great. I had hopes of being done with this crap by the time her 1st birthday came around...now I'm not so sure.
She then told us that Kapri is now big & old enough to transfer over to the "Cruiser" hip brace...which I later read was the usual progress for babies with mild dysplasia. There are definitely pros & cons to it, as with anything I guess. So here's the list so far:
- She only has to wear it for 12 hrs/day (opposed to 18-22 hrs with the harness) - YES!!
- She'll be able to crawl & walk around in it easier - hense the name "cruiser"
- It has wayyyy less straps & is more centralized around her hips, rather than full body in the harness
- Because of #3, it takes like, 2 seconds to put the whole thing on...the harness was a different story
- Have to completely remove brace to change her diaper (didn't have to with the harness)
- She's been leaking through her diaper at night...but her rolling onto her tummy could be to blame too.
- She's having trouble learning to sit up in it, but I assume that'll change once she's used to it & the hard plastic under her bottom becomes more flexible over time.
- I feel like the foam part under the velcro is not very durable, there's already a rip in it, ugh...I did however find another mom blogger who posted a pic of her daughter in the brace, and she put fabric around the foam...genious...I'll have to give it a try.
Compared to haress