Thursday, February 25, 2010

The "V" Monologues

Last night me, my sister and 2 co-workers of mine went to see the Vagina Monologues. 

"The award-winning play is based on V-Day Founder/playwright Eve Ensler's interviews with more than 200 women. With humor and grace the piece celebrates women's sexuality and strength. Through this play and the liberation of this one word, countless women throughout the world have taken control of their bodies and their lives. For more than twelve years, The Vagina Monologues has given voice to experiences and feelings not previously exposed in public."

Now, I found it a bit odd to see men sitting there in the audience…I guess that’s weird to say, but seriously?? I wouldn’t go to a play about, you know…men’s ‘things’…so maybe some of the women dragged their poor men to come see this?? IDK, anyways…this one guy even found it necessary to reach back & tap me on the leg asking us to ‘keep it down’. Um…EXCUSE ME?? Do YOU have a “v”?? NO…why are you here?? And why are you shushing us when this sh!t is funny?!?! We’re supposed to laugh right?? People really bug me sometimes.

Vent over. Anyway...this is a play that Chels & I have seen before years ago…so we were excited to see it again. It was held at the USCD campus, which BTW was unbelievably hard to find…and we were a tad late because of that. The play talks about all things “v” (soooo hysterical & at times very relatable), but they also talk about raising awareness to end violence against women & girls. Some of it is very sad & difficult to hear – but what these women do is both incredible & essential.  

I'm proud to be a woman.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips