Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Let's Crochet Away

So on Monday night I met up with my great friend Niki at Beverly Fabrics down in Clairemont to attend a Knitting/Crochet class. We set down & quickly were advised by 2 other women there that crocheting is easier. Perfect. We'll start with that.


Niki wants to make cute little baby hats, love it! And I went into this wanting to make crochet flowers to glue onto hair clips (to sell on the Custom from Calista site)...we'll see if I can ever figure that out! Anyway...it took me a bit to get the hang of it. I was a bit slow, & I thought I'd easily pick it up. But what was strange is that I think something just clicked while I slept that night. I was slightly confused after the class, feeling as though I didn't get enough out of the 2 hours we were there. But the next day, I found that I was eager to get home from work the next day to put my new-found knowlegdge to a test! Thus this little nugget of yarn was born:

Then
And here's a few days later:
Now!
I'll give myself a pat on the back! Now...just gotta figure out what this is ultimately going to turn into, hahaha! Probably a scarf...then I'll attempt a pretty crochet flower and maybe someday a big cozy blanket! ;-) Wish me luck!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips