Monday, October 22, 2012

Patch-o-Pumpkins 2012

Ah fall. The older I get, the more I love fall and all the fun it brings. 

Here in San Diego, October is typically very warm...and breezy with dry, hot 'Santa Ana' winds - which in turn is our fire season. However, somehow we decided to plan a weekend pumpkin patch visit with our friends, the Ritchison's, on a crisp cool afternoon...yay! It actually rained hours before we arrived, but cleared up and was a beautiful evening.

We've been loving the Pumpkin Station in Del Mar the past 3 years now! 2010 & 2011

We started the short trip with a stop at Starbucks for a yum Pumpkin Spice Latte for us, and a mini hot chocolate for K - of course.


The kids were so excited to see each other...and to go on rides together. So we bought a bunch of tickets and let em at it. I was so proud of K for going UP and DOWN the big inflatable slide all by herself this year... such a feat!

Then before we left we picked out our pumpkins...and of course persuaded the kids to take some final pics together - love!

It's crazy to look back a few years when we all visited this same pumpkin patch together...they've grown so much! And I just love creating these fun family traditions...something Kapri will be able to fondly look back on when she thinks about her childhood. I guess that means so much to me, because I really don't have any memories of my childhood - I'm not sure why...I always just blame it on a bad memory. Anyway, I hope that doesn't happen to her...I hope she'll remember all these fun memories, and if not, at least we'll have the blog! haha



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips