Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cinnamon Sugary Donut Goodness

I literally pinned THIS a year ago...and finally gave it a try over the weekend! Donuts from a can of biscuits?? Let's do it!

Something about pouring a massive amount of oil into a pan just seems so wrong. But, donuts are a bit wrong all together...so I guess I shouldn't worry about that part! So wrong, but soooo good!
 photo a7386ef4-1f53-48b4-b613-d07d93dbefa8_zpse120e8ad.jpg

Supplies:
  • Veg Oil... wonder if these would come out if made in Coconut Oil?? Though that'd probably take 1/2 the damn jar it comes in!!
  • 1 can (8) biscuits (not flaky) 
  • 4 tbsp butter, melted
  • Cinnamon
  • Sugar
Super simple... all you do is pour in enough oil to cover about 1/2" of the pan. Let it heat up on Medium... during that, open the biscuits and cut a little hole in each (I first used an actual cookie cutter, which seemed too big...so I ended up using an olive oil cap). Save the little 'donut holes' to cook as well.

Then melt about the butter in one bowl, and mix the cinnamon/sugar together in another bowl.

Finally, get out a plate & cover it with 1 or 2 paper towels to soak up the grease after their quick little oil baths.

Once you've prepped everything, slowly add each donut one by one into the hot oil. Don't be scared... I was. But they only made a little bubbling sound, when I thought it was going to be a crazy, oil-spattering show.

I only did 3 at a time due to my pan size, but that's manageable. Each side seriously only needed about a minute, then I used tongs to flip each over...same with the 'donut holes'

 photo DonutPrep_zpsa686fa70.jpg

After they're all cooked & slightly cooled on the paper towels, take one & dip the bottom half into the melted butter, then get the excess off my sliding across the edge of the bowl... then dip into the cinna-sugar mix. Flip over & repeat.

Pat yourself on the back....

Text your sleeping beauty husband a picture... listen for quick movin footsteps shortly thereafter....

Grab a cup of coffee or milk & sit back & enjoy your biscuity-cinnamony-sugary donuts! Luckily it only makes 8... and not a whole dozen.

My husband had THREE in a matter of a minute...I THINK he liked em... yay! These would also be equally delish with some homemade icing & rainbow sprinkles (my childhood fav...and still is to this day).

 photo 1202e6ee-6987-47d4-b3d2-22e89aa30ffc_zpsef6ec76a.jpg


Linked up to:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips