Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day{s} 2013

I love when ONE special day get's split between a few days...like birthdays for example - they're more often than not, divided into a few different dinners/lunches, with varying family/friends...and this Mother's Day was similar.

 photo MothersDayQuoteCollage_zpsd06ab6ac.jpg

It started on Wed. May 8th with a "Mother's Day Breakfast" at K's school... just me & munchkin... she was SO excited in the days leading up to it...I know she cherishes the time just her & I spend together...total mother/daughter bonding - as I do too of course!

She made me a 'picture frame' with her cute face in it, and a cut out of me with a bejeweled pink dress, and awesome 'flower hands'!

 photo 65663_10200794155554162_997525757_n_zps3aa70232.jpg


Along with the sweetest card...these things I will seriously treasure FOREVER:

 photo MomCardCollage_zpsa8eba006.jpg

And a pretty awesome bouquet of  'paper' flowers:

 photo 2cdc7c31-a0db-4c05-9f23-62e70663d772_zps08239618.jpg

Then Sunday morning we met up with 2 other fams & their kids for brunch at Cody's La Jolla - seriously LOVED everything about this cute little place! It had pretty great reviews on Yelp, and was able to accommodate 6 adults and 5 kids...so it was a win/win!

 photo CodysLJCollage_zps9a071d7b.jpg

 photo KmothersdayCollage_zps128326f1.jpg

I wore this dress that I made for myself the night before...using an old yellow tank top and 2 yards of grey stretch jersey cotton that I scored on sale...and made the belt from an old body-pillow case, love it!


 photo KidsmothersdayCollage_zpsea1002fc.jpg

 photo MammasampDaddasCollage_zpsd2085d7c.jpg

Then we walked down along the coast to check out the seals, as we do each Mother's Day... it was nice to let the kids run around & get out some energy...before heading back for naptime!

 photo FamsMothersdayCollage_zpsa91a7817.jpg

As K napped, James & I laid out in our patio with a little Prosecco...

Later that day I made 3 tubs of homemade playdough for K to play with {so cool!}, while I began to make this seriously BOMB banana coconut bread - from here.



Then Kapri & I let dad hang out at home, while we picked up some dinner to take over to my mom's and spend some time together...she loves GramMo's house!

All in all - quite a productive day...surrounded by tons of people that I love!

I heart bein a mamma! It's tough work sometimes... but sooo many rewarding times as well that tend to stomp on the crappy ones. We definitely do a LOT as mothers/parents...so it's nice to have a day dedicated solely to us. I may not have put my feet up ALL day, nor did I get to sleep in... but the things I did do, were part of who I am, and what makes me happy....what makes me 'mom'.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips